Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Update

Well, it's certainly been a while, hasn't it? Of course, I don't even know how many people, if any at all, read this, so there is probably no one keeping track. I'm still doing my weekly poetry prompts, but lately my writing has been seeming to me to be... I don't really know what the word is. Not as good as I would like. It's been a while since I've written a poem I'm proud of, that I really like.
My fiction kind of bounces around. I still haven't really hit my writing stride. I basically just write until I get stuck on everything I'm working on, then I just stop. I don't know what to do next. Do I edit? Do I try to work on something new? I did manage to eke out a short, short horror story inspired by my friend Anita. She really liked it. It's the first horror I've ever attempted. I think I'm going to submit it. I had another idea pop into my head, and I wrote out as much as I could before writer's block forced me to stop.
Some writers say that there is no writer's block, you just have to keep writing. Just push through it. Yeah, that doesn't work for me. I can't write something that isn't there. And I'm not just going to write random stuff, even if it is just a rough draft. So, I'm just not writing much right now. My muse has abandoned me. He needs to be replaced. I used to write two pages a day, five days a week with no problem. Three pages a day five days a week was a little harder. Four pages a day ground everything to a halt. I have so many little blurbs of a dialogue, or little scences, that are all homeless. I'm having a hard time building homes for them. Boo.

No comments: