Saturday, September 6, 2008

My Plans for the Weekend

Because I know you're just dying to know. Well, I've finished my story, and have handed it off to my trusted readers. (and Tim. He has to prove himself as a trusted reader) So, there are a couple of knitting projects I want to start.
After making my first scarf, I've thought about making a wrap, similar to the one Sara got me for my birthday a couple of years ago. Only bulkier. And a different color. Then, I want to try knitting on my circular needles. Richie has asked me to make him a camera bag, and the cozys that are in my knitting book use stitches that I can't do yet, and I'm not much of a sewer, either. So, I thought I might play around for a while and see what I can come up with. Maybe I can make a nice draw-string bag or something. Then I might try to teach myself to purl.
I also need to read some of Monte Cristo. I've been reading it for what, a week or two? I only passed 100 pages last night. It is a little dull, though.
If I get any story or poem ideas, of course, I'll work on them. Also, since I plan on entering three separate writing contests, so I need to pick out what I'm going to submit for each one.
I'm going to a wine tasting tonight. It's being held at work, so I'll be helping more than I'll be tasting, but it should still be fun.

Quote of the Day: "The work of the very old is always extremely powerful and intriguing, and infinitely worth pondering, and all the more perhaps because creative stamina deserts so many artists before they are truly old." ~ Lestat, The Tale of the Body Thief, Anne Rice
What I'm Reading: Well, if you read the whole blog, then you would know, wouldn't you?
What I'm Watching: Ping-pong being played standing on the table.

No comments: