Monday, September 15, 2008

Where I've Been

On Wednesday, we had to call 9-1-1 for my Grandma, who had been having chest pains. She was taken to DePaul Hospital. Sara and Nick flew out from St. Charles to be with me, and Richie even drove all the way out from Soulard to stay the night with me. (don't tell grandma) Gran was in the hospital until Friday evening. She had AFib, I believe it's called. Her bottom chambers weren't pumping properly, so the other ones had to work overtime. That's what she felt that night when she asked my mom to call for an ambulance. She thought she was having a heart attack. She's doing better. Then Saturday night came, and she fell. She went to get her hand cream off the coffee table and tripped over her house shoes. Poor Grandma. It's been a rough knock for us.
Extra special thanks and love to my darling Richie, Sara, and Nick, who drove so far out to see me, sit with me, care for me and lift my spirits. I love you all. XOXO.

Quote of the Day: "God is a creative force. And so are we. He told Adam, 'Increase and multiply.' That's what the first organic cells did, increased and multiplied. Not merely changed shape, but replicated. God is a creative force. He made the whole universe out of Himself through cell division. That's why the devils are so full of envy - the bad angels, I mean. They are not creative creatures; they have no bodies, no cells, they're spirits. And I suspect it wasn't envy so much as a form of suspicion that God was making a mistake in making another engine of creativity in Adam, so like Himself. I mean the angels probably felt the physical universe was bad enough, with all the replicating cells, but thinking, talking beings who could increase and multiply? They were probably outraged by the whole experiment. That was their sin." ~ David, The Tale of the Body Thief, Anne Rice
What I'm Watching: Flipping back and forth between Big Bang Theory and Rick Steves' Europe
What I'm Reading: Yep. You guessed it.

No comments: